Parts for 2004 Dove vinyl window

A handy person from Greensboro NC says:
I need parts that look very much like your Part 15-191 Heavy Duty Pivot Shoe 1/2" Thick. See my photos. My sash weighs about 19 lbs., so estimate need 9 lb. or 10 lb. pivot shoes to work with it. My dimensions (shown in picture), are 1/2" thick, 1 1/4" wide, 2" high. Does 2 of these seem right for this Dove window? (label also in photo). Thanks. Rich
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2022-09_00005.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2022-08_00001.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2022-09_00003.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that your pivot shoe resembles the 15-191. The width and thickness match our dimensions, but it is a bit off that yours measures 2" high since the 15-191 is only 1". With that being said, the overall height is not a critical measurement as long as the width and thickness match up. 

As for the coil springs, I would recommend using one S160-10 coil on each side of the window to support a 19-pound sash. You should be fine as long as the total amount of support, in this case, 20-pounds, is within one pound of the actual sash weight. Thanks for posting! 

I do not believe my windows use a separate coil spring. When I look at an adjacent window that still works right (the window stays up): The heavy duty pivot shoe appears to have a spring-like device within it, that expands out the pivot shoe some to offer resistance. It is not attached to a separate spring like the S160-10, as far as I can see. Does this make sense??
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

In our experience, the 15-191 is used exclusively with the S160 coil springs but if you could show us additional photos of the intact balance system you mentioned, we'd be happy to confirm if that's what you have. 

This was very helpful. I took apart a white plastic piece in the window frame, and it revealed two springs in parallel on each side, that are coil springs like your S160-10. The video on your site, about how to replace the pivot shoe, was also helpful to realize what's happening. My springs are in good shape. I'll order the 2 new pivot shoes, and will be all set!
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.