Parts for Acorn Window

A handy person from Colorado says:
I've got older Acorn tilt out windows. They slide up and down. The spring on the side is shot and I need parts. The silver part of the spring is 29" long. I may need the connector to the window as well. Do you have those parts or could you point me in a direction to find them?

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Larry. WE may be able to help you on this. First, can you tell me what the diameter of your spiral balance tube is? Can you also be more specific about the second part you need? There are a few parts that could be described as connectors. Could you take a few pictures of the connector in question by itself, removed from the window? Thanks!
A quick learner from Colorado says:
Hello and thanks for the help.

The diameter of the spiral tube is 1/2 inch.

I've attached a couple photo's of the hardware.


User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. The pivot shoe resembles our 15-015, though it's hard to tell looking at a broken sample. Check it out and see if you agree. As for the balance, I think it might be our Series 600 spiral balance. Double check the diameter of your tube. It should be either 5/8" (9/16") or 3/8". No spiral balance tube is 1/2".

The third part looks like a closet door guide. Is that correct? I don't think we have this exact kind, but check out our 23-200 for a possible replacement.
A quick learner from Colorado says:
Thanks! I'm in Kansas at the moment helping my parents. When I get home, I'll measure the tube once again. I estimated it from outside the tract last time but will take the broken out out for a more accurate measure.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)