Parts for out of production windows

A home owner from New Bern, NC says:

I have ordered parts from you in years past, if your records go back a few years. Order #586110 is the only one I can find. The lines in the image with the 3 components are 1/4".

1. The pivot shoes I ordered were 15-067, but that is a 9/16" thick and the one I have on hand from Swisco is 5/8", so perhaps there was a substitution. The micrometer measurement is from one of the originals. Whatever, the 15-067 works.
  2. The tilt latch in the image is internal and I want to convert to external, so I need same length and preferably the same hole location. It is 4 3/4" long, 9/16th" wide, and height of 1/4". The closest internal latch from Swisco is a tad too thick and won't allow the top plate to fully seat, and internal latches get gummed up with sand in the house in which they are used, hence the preference for an external latch.
  3. The sash pivot is stainless steel. The lines in the image are 1/4". They measure 3" long and are 9/16" at the widest point. Hole position does not matter.

I do not mind shipping these parts to you. The house is in the Bahamas and was damaged by Dorian. We are trying to decide whether we can modify and rebuild the windows, and there are a LOT of them.

William

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Wndow parts.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Lock Shoe99_3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Lock Shoe99_6.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Lock Shoe99_7.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This pivot shoe looks like it's made to accommodate a spiral balance. You also mentioned that the thickness is 9/16". Although the style is different, look at our 15-121. This is 9/16" and designed to connect to a spiral balance on one and and a pivot bar with a 5/16" x 3/16" tip. could that work for you?

A pivot shoe only needs to do three things: connect to the spiral balance, connect to the pivot bar, and fit in the track. The 15-121 can connect to a spiral balance, so if that's what you have then that's point 1 covered. If your pivot bar has a tip measuring 5/16" x 3/16", then that's point 2 covered. And as long as the width is 9/16" and the thickness is 1-1/4", then that's point 3 covered, too.

I'm afraid we don't have your tilt latch. Like your pivot shoe, it's probably no longer made. You may be better off substituting with a surface mount tilt latch. These are different than the others in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. We find it to be an easier solution for sashes like yours. Let me know what you think!

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.