Parts for vinylaire window

A handy person from New York says:
Hi I just moved into this house so I have no idea how old these windows are. None of the locks are any good. They are all broken and don't stay up. One of the cranks is worn and doesn't open, just closes. Do you have either of these?
Crank and window lock
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Would it be possible to see the operator and lock out of the window? We will need to see the complete mechanisms in order to find the best replacement options, which are currently obscured in your pictures. Thanks!
A handy person from Long Island, New York says:
The picture posted is the crank mechanism and the other picture is the lock. What "operater" and "lock out" are you referring to? Thank you for your response. The crank mechanism is the part that isn't turning properly to open the window. It's worn out. The lock is just dried out and needs replacement.
Profile picture of Tom
The crank mechanism is known as a "window operator" in the industry. As for the lock, I just called it a lock, not a lock out. What I need is to see both parts out of the window, meaning I need to see them fully uninstalled and by themselves. I'm afraid too much is obscured while they're still installed.
A handy person from Long Island NY says:
Thank you for your reply. I posted pics of the crank and lock. It's the. Eat I can do without removing the window itself. Like I said previously, the crank itself is worn and won't work to open, just close and the locks are old that they are dried out and broken in half.
Operator and lock
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. Without seeing this hardware removed, I can only make an educated guess, but see our 38-036 casement window lock. This may match what you have, but you will need to remove the old one to confirm.

A handy person from Long island says:
Thank you for that information. Yes that all seems to be right. Now I just have to figure out what I need. If the window can crank close fine but not open then something is worn out! That's what I need!!!! I don't know if it is the handle itself or the metal part the handle sits on....or both. As far as the locks....any suggestions on how to remove them?
Profile picture of Tom
It definitely sounds like the operator gears are worn out. You're probably better off replacing the operator itself.

In order to remove the lock, you'll need to open the window to access the screws. They are located on the other side of the frame.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.