Parts from a Vista Panorama Window - similar to SwissCo

A handy person from Acton, MA says:
Hello,

My in-laws have a 12 year-old window manufactured by the now-defunct Vista window company out of Ohio. Both of the spring balances on the inner pane have become separated/broken. In looking at your site, it appears that you have very similar if not identical hardware.

I am able to make out a clear "D6I" code on the lower (moving) part of the assembly, but there are no markings on the top portion. Apologies for the poor pics, I wasn't able to remove the parts to lay them out - there isn't yet a channel cut to remove them.

You can see that the left and right have failed in different ways - the left spring has broken in 2 and the right spring has separated from the slider, but appears to remain in tact.

From your helpful online videos on replacing these parts, I have seen where that channel will need to be cut to remove the old and insert the new parts. I'd feel more confident doing that when I have the replacements in hand.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance Left Lower.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance Left Upper.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance Right Lower.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance Right Upper.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that I don't immediately recognize the balance system you have here. The pivot shoe in your first and third photos looks similar to our 15-087, but the retainer in your second and fourth photos is not known to me. What is the function of this part? In what way does it interact with the shoe?

Assuming that the 15-087 carrier is accurate then you would also use the Series 180 coil spring. Unfortunately I cannot verify exactly what you need without having a better idea of what these parts are and how they function, which does require seeing them removed first. I know that's a bit of a Catch 22 but right now too much of the assembly is obscured for me to make a confident recommendation. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.