Patio Door

A home owner from Fallbrook, CA says:
I'm having problems finding the adjusting screws on my plate glass (1967) slider. There are no visable adjusting screws or plugs. All other windows are Wayfair aluminum frames, the slider is unmarked. The door operates with ease, (a rail cap has been installed) but does not line up with the jamb. I have to push it closed to latch it. Could a hole be drilled to access the adjuster? Is it a phillips screw? Thanks, David
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you will have to do. Could I see a few pictures of the window, specifically of where the adjusting screw would be? Thank you!
A home owner from Fallbrook says:
See if this helps. Thanks, David
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
The adjusting screw should be a hole just below the frame screw. As a matter of fact, it looks like the 81-004 might be your roller, but I can't guarantee it.
A home owner from Fallbrook says:
There is NO hole. That's why I'm asking.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Could I see a close up of the bottom edge of the door? Maybe I can see some clue as to what you may be able to do.
A home owner says:
Try this one...
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
I'm assuming that the other side is the same; that is, there's no adjusting screw way there, either. It's hard to believe a door manufacturer would make a door without taking into consideration the possibility of leveling the door. If the door is level and sliding there's no problem leave it alone, but if not you are going to have to remove the door entirely to get to the roller assembly.

Regarding your rail cap, it looks like it's on backwards. The high side should have wool pile weatherstripping up against the sliding door. I believe this weatherstripping is our 58-099.
A home owner from Fallbrook, CA says:
I removed the slider sides, the rollers look like your #81-084 no adjustment. I used a mallet to square the doors top and bottom with the jamb. Reassembled and all is well. May need those rollers in the future. Is the screw on the 81-084 used to mount the roller to the door, also non-adjustable? Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Great, glad you were able to get it out. The screw you're asking about is an adjusting screw, though. Before you order this roller in the future, I recommend that you send a photo of your old one so that we can confirm.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.