Patio Door Handle Replacement

A home owner from Downers Grove,IL says:
The door is 1" thick. The outside handle has something like DO.VAL on it. It is not a keyed handle. I can't remove the handle at this point.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5546.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5549.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5547.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience in this matter. Based on these photos, I think you have either our 82-003 or 82-055, depending on the hole spacing. Look over our dimensions and let me know what you think.

I received the new handle. My door opens right to left viewing from the inside. The locking mechanism seems to be something for a door that opens left to right. The only way the lock would engage is to come up from the bottom. The range of motion does not seem to permit the lock to rotate so it could come from 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock to lock. It can only go from 6 o'clock to 3 o'clock. Any thoughts?
new ticket D154826

The lock will function nicely for a door that opens left to right. The 5587 shows that it can rotate ok for a left to right door. In 5589, the lever will not go the other way so as to lock a door that opens right to left. There is a shiny area which is the way the lock handle came. I don't know if that is an item of interest.

picture 5588 shows the handle where the lock would seem to be able to lock a right to left door, but the little stops preclude this operation.

What is the solution to my problem? I have a broken handle on a 4' sliding door. I need to use this door to get dogs into a yard. Would appreciate a quick solution.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5588.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5587.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5589 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear you're having issues with our handle. You should be able to turn the thumb turn latch around so that it faces the right direction. Alternatively, you could flip your keeper around on the door jamb. 

To turn the thumb latch around you will need to remove the small set screw the the face of the thumb turn and reposition it onto the locking hook.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.