Patio Door Handle replacement

A home owner from California says:

Hello,

Please look at picture and let me know which handle with lock should I get.

Thanks,

Onik

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Patio Door Handle.jpg
Profile picture of Manuela
Manuela from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Onik. If you're looking to just replace the latch, our 82-107 should do the trick. For a new handle replacement, take a look and consider our 82-086. You just want to compare your measurements with ours to make sure they are both compatible with one another. 

Hello Manuela,

Thanks for respond. I will need new handle to replace the old one. Is there any video how to install 82-086.

Thanks,
Onik

We have a video that shows you how to install the 82-034, which is the same handle, just offered in a different finish. Have a look and let me know if any other questions come up. 

Is 82-086 included keys? If, yes, how many keys included.

Thanks,

Yes, two keys are included. 

Hello Manuela,

I attached measurements of my current door handle. One of measurement (almost 4 inch) which it is not matching what do you have on web site (3 15/16. Please let me know if this will work for me.

I also find from inside handle following information "2265 US Patent 5125703 D340, 398" (see attachment).

I just want to make sure I will order right handle.

Thanks,

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5285.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5296.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5298.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2265 US Patent.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello there! Manuela is out sick today, but I can help you.

I am very confident that the 82-086 she recommended can work for you. No handle set I know of was ever manufactured with a 4" hole spacing. It is more likely that yours is 3-15/16". Make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not their edges.

The patent number also doesn't really tell us anything, but I don't think it needs to. The 82-086 looks exactly like what you have in your photos and I see no reason why it can't work. Just double check your hole spacing to be sure.

Hello Tom,

Thanks for respond. The 82-086 packaging are included what I see on picture (https://www.swisco.com/Legacy-Handle/pd/Patio-Glass-Door-Replacement-Locking-Handles/82-086). Correct!

Thanks,
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. The 82-086 comes with everything shown in its product images.

Thank you so much for all your help. I placed my order.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Onik
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, we're very happy to help of course. Thank you for ordering with us and please let us know how it goes!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)