Patio Door Handle w/ Lock

A home owner from NJ says:
Hello. Does part 82-003 only fit 1 inch doors? My door is 1 3/8 or 1 1/4 inches thick. Thanks!
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Our 82-003 handle set is designed to work on 1" thick doors. However, if your door has a different thickness, you would need to re-use your old locking latch and installation screws.

Thanks! Do you sell a replacement for my current handle. The handle has RD 1965 Allen Stevens imprinted on it. I no longer have the internal locking mechanism. The space between holes is 3 15/16 and the door is 1 1/2 or 1 7/16 inches wide including both sections (pictured attached). The first section before the black section is 1 inch. Thanks again for your assistance! Bud 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220115_142850001.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

The "RD 1965 Allen Stevens" imprint has been associated with the 82-003 handle in the past, but without pictures, I can't say for sure that this is what you have. Compare our dimensions to yours to see what you think. 

Hello. I received item #82-003 and installed. It appears the latch will not catch and the lever does not move to the down or vertical position. Pictures attached. Please advise if you have any suggestions. Thanks for your assistance! Bud
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220129_125903.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220129_125850.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220129_125836.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Did you re-use your old locking latch and installation screws? The 82-003 is designed to work on 1" thick doors, but if your door's thickness 1-3/8" or 1-1/4", you will need to re-use those parts.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.