Patio Door Handles with keyed lock

A home owner from residence says:
This house is about 45 years old. I didn't find any numbers or markings on door parts. It has wooden framing on the inside and metal on the outside. The door handle screws are 4" apart, door width 1 5/8", opening in door is 6 1/8", there are 5 screws on assembly inside door. Receiving locking assembly on frame is 4" long and 1/2" wide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230113_100611.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230113_100622.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230113_100657.jpg
Don't know if this will help, but I found the Invoice for the Sliding Patio Door:
Item #2-257-6069, 6-OX6-6 LW Clad Sliding Patio Door Low E. CSL2-6068W Slider Patio Low E, Invoice Dated 10/03/1997.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We no longer carry the old-style handle set shown in your photos but take a look at the 82-030 handle set with 3-15/16" installation holes, which is compatible with the 82-310 key lock that is sold separately. Take a look at these parts and related videos to see what you think. Thanks for posting! 

Hole center dimensions for 82-030
Hole center dimensions for 82-030

Casey, That looks like it will work. Could I use the existing Mortise Lock 4 5/8" and the existing Die-cast Keeper 7/16" deep?
Profile picture of Casey

As long as they are still in good condition, you can reuse the original mortise and keeper. 

Thank you Casey. I'll get them on order!!!!

Casey I'd also like to replace the wheels. It's cold here and I'll probably do the work myself, so I don't want to pull the door off without replacement parts on hand. Can you give me the part numbers for the wheels and I will order them from Swisco. Thank you!!Don't know why, but when I ordered the handles and lock your site would not accept my regular email address. I've never had that happen before?

Profile picture of Casey

We'd be happy to research your replacement options for your door's patio door rollers as well but we would need to see the original part uninstalled, along with written-out dimensions, to compare to our inventory. We understand that it is an inconvenience to have to remove the door more than once but, unfortunately, there is no other way for us to determine the type of roller that the manufacturer used in your door. 

As for your email, this could be happening for multiple reasons. The browser you're using or even a misplaced space before or after your email could cause an error. If you continue to have problems, feel free to give our customer service team a call at (888) 991-1929 and they will be happy to troubleshoot this for you. 

Casey, I think I'll wait until this spring to replaced the rollers/ wheels when it's a little warmers. I think I will go ahead and replace the mortise while I've got it apart. Thank you so much for your help! Jack
Profile picture of Casey

That sounds like a plan. We'll be here when you're ready to pick the project up again in the spring. 

Hi Casey,
I haven't taken it apart yet, but I was wondering how the key lock is supposed to fit in to this adapter? I saw the picture of the handle, 82-030,above but don't see how this lock cylinder is supposed to fit in there? Jack
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230123_161952.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

The 82-030 handle set comes with a cross insert used to brace the outside handle for extra security when no key lock is installed. It is no longer needed once the key lock is in place. 

Hi Casey,
I'm trying to install the 82-030 Sliding Patio Door Handle Set, 3-15/16" using the 82-320 Key Lock that you recommended. I watched your video but the key lock was attached to the handle with screws and it illustrated using a punch to knockout the 5/16" hole for the key lock. On the 82-030 Handle I believe is made out of metal and I don't think you can use a punch to make the hole for the lock. My question is do you have the drill this hole with a 5/16" metal drill bit? Please advise. I tried calling your 888 number but the agent said he couldn't answer the question with seeing pictures of my exact situation. I guess the photo's I already sent would not suffice. See attached photos. Jack
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230126_154035_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230126_154051_resized.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

The handle set shown in our video is also metal. We do recommend using a center punch tool from a local hardware store to remove one of the key cylinder punches as shown in the video below. 

The punch worked great. Still having a little trouble with the lock binding a little bit, but I think I know what's causing that. Thank you.
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.