Patio Door Pull

A home owner from St Louis, MO says:
Please check my account for ordering this door pull 2 times 8-31-08 & 12-26-12 same product #88-005. If there is anything same size, let us know.
My account is under Joan Hausfater using my email address
Thank you so much for your help
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our 88-002 pull handle. The hole centers are at 6-5/8". This handle is designed to work with our 82-002 locking handle set. You should be able to adapt the 88-002 pull handle to work with your lockset, since I believe there's a little play in the mounting brackets. 

Thank you so much for your reply, the pull you suggested looks like the one on the outside of door. We need something with a handle, the door is too heavy to open with your fingers, I never have liked the finger type pull they put on the outside. I would love to find a handle that is One Piece, that would at least not pull apart.

Again thank you, hoping someone has other suggestions,
Joan Hausfater

I'm afraid you won't be able to find anything like that. These lock sets are only made to work with an inside handle. No company makes anything that can go on the outside. 

That said, your door shouldn't be hard to open. It should slide with a gentle push. If you find yourself having to force it, then there might be something wrong with the rollers or tracks, or both. I would carefully look over both the rollers and track to make sure they're in working order. 

Can you think of any pull that is similar to what we had/have. I don't want to have to change the outside pull. The w/o door was installed in a Fla room addition in 80's & larger than normal w/o door.
Thanks, Joan

I'm afraid we no longer have a pull in your style that will be compatible with that lockset. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.