Patio Screen Door Roller Assemblies

A quick learner from U.S.A. says:

Good afternoon,

I ordered 26 Patio Screen Door Roller Assemblies, #84-009. I tried to install the new Swisco roller today, but it won't slide into the groove (see the first photo). This is because the pin that holds the roller between the metal casing protrudes beyond the side of the metal casing. I compared the old roller with with the new Swisco roller. (See the next 3 photos). The old roller has a dimple around the pin which allows the head of the pin to be recessed so that the pin doesn't protrude beyond the metal casing. However, the Swisco roller doesn't have a dimple around the head of the pin. This results in the head of the pin sticking out beyond the metal casing. Thus, the new Swisco roller won't fit into the groove.

Could you recommend a solution to this issue?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named OldVsNew-Side1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named New-Installed-TooWideForFrame.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

These are the only replacement rollers made to be used with your Keller brand screen door. Would it be possible to file down the head of the roller housing so that it will fit up into the screen door? Or is it possible to even file inside the door a little to so that the roller will fit up into the door?

A quick learner from U.S.A. says:

I appreciate your response. I have 6 screen doors, each requiring 4 rollers (2 at the top and 2 at the bottom). Regarding solution 1: I would need to file down 24 heads about 1/16" or more in order to get them to fit inside the track. And there will be very little metal left on the pin head. Regarding solution 2: Each door would need to be filed down in 4 places. 

A suggestion: The photo of the 84-009 on the website showing the dimensions is misleading. It correctly shows the dimensions of the width of the roller housing as 3/8". However, because the heads of the pin protrudes beyond the roller housing, the actual overall width is 7/16". It would be helpful to add this overall width to the photo on the Swisco website.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I agree. I will talk to our photo team to see about getting that done. I'm sorry again that we can't offer a better replacement.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.