Patio Sliding Glass Door Hardware

A home owner from Essex, Vermont (05452) says:

Hello,

I need to replace the internal lock of my sliding patio glass door. After contacting the manufacturer 'Harvey', they referred me to you, as the door was manufactured about 20 years ago.

The issue is that the internal lock does not lock anymore. The "hook" does not come out by itself. Please see the attached pictures.

On the "plate" that is on the door, the distance between the top- and bottom screw is about 4 3/4". The distance between the two screws in the frame is 3".

Can you help me please with the correct replacement parts and options thereof, that would be great.

Thanks,

Chris Krings

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door hardware 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door hardware 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door hardware 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door hardware 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door hardware 5.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Chris. Your mortise lock looks like a good match for our 82-226. Look it over and let me know if you agree!

If you also wanted the handle set, then see our 82-087. Based on your post, though, it sounded like you only needed a mortise.

A home owner from Essex, Vermont (05452) says:
Hello Tom,

Thanks for the info again.
Can you tell me please which handle I need for my sliding door that opens to the right?
The 82-087 seems to be for a sliding door that opens to the left.
Happy 2021!

Thanks,
Chris
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 82-087 can work for either the left or right hand side. You just unscrew the pull from the base and flip it over.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.