Patio door 5-1/2" slider lock

A home owner from California says:
Our slider lock and handle broke, we have a 5.5 in handle hole set, we ordered 88-020 & 88-019 and82-043, but does not seem to be correct to fit existing latch/mortise.

Previous handy-man drilled for different size handle and it worked a bit, then the latch broke again. New handyman says 5.5 in handle is correct size.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slider 3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slider 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slider 1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't believe you have the hardware listed in your original post. This doesn't look like an Andersen brand door, and these parts are only meant to work on Andersen doors. There's no way to adapt these to yours even if the hole spacing is similar.

The bad news is that we don't really sell anything else with that hole spacing. I think your handy man was on the right track; your only option in my opinion is to use something with a different hole pattern and just redrill for it.

Can you go into more detail as to why the latch broke? Can you also show us the hardware your handyman used? Lastly, if you happen to have your original handle set, it would be a huge help to see that.

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.