Want to repair or replace patio door
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220213_113810.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220213_113815.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220214_111623.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220214_111651.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220215_093234.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Could you show us a better picture of the door's internal mortise lock? I'd like to see the latch mechanism. I'll do my best to narrow this down from there. 

A home owner from Clark,NJ says:
Hi Bob, thank you so much for getting back to me. I've enclosed a few pictures of the internal mortise lock. I'm thinking I can use this with another handle as long as the holes line up. I took a picture of the handle I purchased. The holes line up so I'm thinking I can use this.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220216_125447.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220216_125426.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220216_125330.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Perfect, thanks. The handle set reminds me a lot of our 82-035, which has a hole spacing of 3-15/16". The mortise lock is either our 82-211 or 82-214, depending on the width of your existing lock. Compare both with your old hardware and see what matches best. 

Thank you so much....will look at what I have and let you know. Could I use the one I have ? Looks like it still works. It was the handle mechanism itself that broke.
Profile picture of Bob

Yes! Sorry for the confusion on my part. Whatever is undamaged in this instance could be reused with the new handle set.

That great ! Thank you...hopefully the little lever stick on the handle reaches the mortise lock piece that actives the little hook...you think it will?
Profile picture of Bob

I don't think there should be an issue unless your door is unusually thick. So long as your new handle set can accommodate your door's thickness though, it should interface with the mortise just fine. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Looks like the hole spacing center to center is exactly what you said ! I hope the new pin/lever is long enough. The origin looks to be a little longer. Can I glue an extension piece to it if need be?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220218_082844.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Is your door around 1-5/8" thick? If so, or if it's even less, I think you'll be fine. Let me know how you make out, or if you have further questions. 

wow Bob !! you're good.
It is 1-5/8" thick. The good thing is that the new handle doesn't have the lock/tumbler on the outside handle so I don't need the little stick to reach to that.
Will try my hand at this over the weekend !
Thanks again for all of your help !!!!! Will keep you posted.
Linda
Profile picture of Bob

My pleasure Linda. Let us know how you make out! 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.