Patio door handle

A quick learner from Ohio says:
I replaced my patio door handle and mortise lock. The exterior handle screw insert hold the handle away from the door which exposes the holes in the door just enough that I'm afraid that wasps, bees, etc will enter. Do you carry an exterior pull handle that sets flush? Or do you carry a thin plate to insert behind the handle to cover the holes?
Also, I will be ordering the locks that are installed along the bottom. The one that was on my door had plate behind it. Do you have those?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I see you were looking at our 82-035. Is this what you purchased? It sounds like the screw insert is just a little too large for the holes in the door. See if you could use a rat tail file to widen the hole just a little to better accept the handle set. This is assuming that the 82-035 was the proper replacement for your handle set. Was it an exact match?

As for the bottom lock, can you show us a picture of it? That will allow us to find a good match.
A handy person from Ohio says:
The handle set I purchased was not an exact match, but with your suggestion I was able to make it work. Had I known beforehand, I would have ordered the correct one through your company website. Thank you.
A picture of the bottom lock is attached. Please inform me of the correct item(s) number. Thank you.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, good. I'm glad you were able to get it to work. For the bottom lock, see our 82-051. This appears to match.
A quick learner says:
Does it come with the plate that was between the lock and the door? or that another piece I need to order?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid this lock does not come with that back plate. I actually haven't been able to find it. You may be able to shim it out with washers, though. A local hardware store may also have something.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.