Patio door handle set

A quick learner from Fernandina Beach Fl says:
The inside and outside measurements are 1 inch wide by 8 1/2 inches in length. The screws are 2 1/4 from the top and the second on is 6 1/4 inches from the top. The locking mechanism is 3/4 inches wide and 6 inches in length.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that we don't sell anything that matches those specifications. Before I say anything for sure I'd like to see photos of the handle set itself. At the very least I may recognize it and can point you in the right direction.

These are the pictures
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9962F539-D516-4A4D-9C2B-BC1AF45DC263.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 33262DB3-A862-433A-90D4-07315C6D655C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! This handle set looks very similar to our 82-087. I think this is exactly what you were looking for, but review this product and let me know if you had any questions.

So which part needs to fit exactly the locking mechanism is what I see because the inside and outside handles fit in the locking mechanism. So I guess the only way to know for sure is to take the old one out and buy yours to see if it all will fit. So are the parts returnable if they don't fit?
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, you can return the 82-087 for a refund if it doesn't fit for whatever reason. You can see our return policy here.

Which mortise lock should I purchase with the handle set based on my measurements. Y
Profile picture of Tom

I would have to see a clearer picture of your mortise in order to make a recommendation. I can just about make it out in your first photo, and if I'm looking at what I think I'm looking at, then you can use our 82-227 as a replacement.

A clearer photo would allow me to give you a more confident recommendation. At the end of the day, photos are always the best method of identification. Dimensions are helpful but by themselves they do not indicate design or function, which are equally as important.

Here are two more photos of the locking mechanism. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0FB5566E-1357-45A2-848F-047A66CBE817.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 077C0525-0998-4A33-BD02-1CBC0A88C814.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I'm very confident that the 82-227 is the mortise you want. However, feel free to ask any questions you may have about this product and I will do my best to answer.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.