Patio door rollers

Handy Person from Michigan
Aug 29, 2023 1:27 pm
Sliding glass patio door dates to 1966. Original rollers are all-steel and door weighs at least about 100lbs.
Wheel outer diameter = 1.25"
Wheel thickness = 0.3"
Wheel bearing diameter = 0.6"
Frame width appears to be 3/4" to 7/8" (not directly measured - see photo 05)
Vertical distance from mounting screw center to adjustment screw center is about 9/16" to 5/8".
06 Door frame height relative to frame bottom 07 Door frame height relative to track bottom 02 trolley 04 trolley 05 Door frame width
5 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Aug 29, 2023 1:32 pm
A couple additional photos are attached. If you think the wheel may be replaceable and that it would be the best option in this situation, I am certainly open to that.

Wheel thickness = 0.30"
Wheel outer diameter = 1.25"
Wheel O.D. at the concave middle = 1.0"
Wheel spindle diameter = 7/16"
Wheel bearing O.D. = 0.60"
03 trolley 01 trolley
2 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 31, 2023 11:49 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our 81-129 roller appears to be similar in design. Take a look at the specifications below and see what you think. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

Alternate image for 81-129
Alternate image for 81-129

Sep 8, 2023 12:48 pm
Thank you, Emily. That product is very close to what I have. Wheel diameter is off a little, but may still work. I will check a little more carefully to see if anything you have is closer, and then buy. If these work well I will notify the neighbors, many of whom have the same sliders from the late 1960's and could probably use replacement. -Matt
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts