The holes on side of handle are 5 inches apart
Let me know if you can replace it thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EF814FA0-CD50-4334-80E7-611882CB30E6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B18E6E2A-30E2-4E0A-91A8-6D86B603BDC2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2E4DB99A-1AE8-4BCB-8DE8-9D87EE4F3300.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 70DBD2F2-CB61-47C8-88EE-D75E6B5412B6.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This handle set is very similar to our 82-080. I believe this might be exactly what you're looking for. Review our photos na dimensions and let me know if you agree.

A professional from CA says:
The lever on the 82-080 does not work in that type of mortise. Do you have pictures of your lever and the slot it fits into? You may need to reuse your lever.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Oh wow, you're right. I'm sorry for not noticing that before. I was so focused on the handle that I didn't notice the mortise.

The 82-080 is designed to be used with a mortise like our 82-238, which is obviously way too big to fit in your door. What you have now looks more like our 82-229.

I've actually never in my life seen a handle set like this used with this type of mortise. This is a first. I think someone might have gotten creative when they installed this handle and they ended up mixing and matching parts. I'm wondering if they used a thumb lever from a different handle set to make the 82-080 compatible with the 82-229. But then, why use this kind of handle set in the first place? Maybe they liked the style.

Either way, I can tell you with confidence that your handle is not meant to work with your mortise. These are incompatible parts that somebody, at some point, forced to be compatible. We'll need to retrace their steps.

To start, can you remove the handle from the door and show me the hole pattern underneath? Please also measure them for me. You'll definitely find a pair of holes (top and bottom) that are 4-15/16" apart, but I think you may also find a second pair of holes that are 3-15/16" apart. I'd also like a clear picture of the thumb lever that interacts with the mortise.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.