Patio screen door latch

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I need a replacement for the latch in the photo. It is only one piece that screws into the screen door. There is nothing on the outside of the door. It all fits inside.
User submitted a photo of a screen door latch.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have an older model of the 83-116. Yours was installed using screws to attach the handle to the door, but the newer handle set snaps together into the patio screen door. You will have to retro fit it to your door by drilling new holes. Do you think that can work for you?
A quick learner says:
I will be able to take care of it. Thank you. I already ordered one 83-116, but didn't notice the lack of a part on the outside. I guess I'll have to order three more so they match. I have four screen doors on a three season porch. Do you know what size drill bit I will need?

Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To accommodate the handle you will need to drill a 3/8" hole in the screen door. I would say to drill where the current screw holes are. That should be the correct set back for the handle. Take your time because once these handles are snapped together they are difficult to separate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.