Patio screen door latch & rollers

A quick learner from Colorado Springs says:
This patio screen door is the original that came with the Kolbe patio door.
The distance between the screws on the latch is 2 & 3/8 inches. I can't find a replacement latch. Also, I cannot understand how to get the old latch off the frame.Some help in replacing the rollers would be helpful as well.

Thanks for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5626.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5627.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5629.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5630.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I'm afraid we don't carry a screen door latch with 2-3/8" hole center spacing. Can you triple check that measurement for us? In the meantime, you can see our Patio Sliding Screen Door Replacement Handles section here. We also have a video below on how to replace sliding glass door rollers.

Thank you for your response. But I was asking about a screen door. Do you have a video on replacing the rollers on a patio SCREEN door? You sent me one for the sliding glass door.

Also, yes, I am correct on the measurement for the latch handle hole spacing. The holes are 2 & 3/8 inches apart, center to center.

Barbara
Profile picture of Emily

My apologies! I've attached a different video on how to replace sliding screen door rollers below. As for your handle, we don't carry one with 2-3/8" hole center spacing. Our 83-040 comes close, but it measures 2-9/16" on hole center spacing. I can't guarantee this will work for you but look it over and see what you think. 

Emily, I re-measured the latch, and it is indeed 2 & 9/16 inches between center of screw holes. Do you have a place I can buy this latch?

Barbara
Profile picture of Emily

If it's 2-9/16", take a look at our 83-040 and see if this is a better match. All orders can be placed directly on our website at your convenience! 

A home owner from Colorado Springs says:
I have the same screen door latch as Barbara that needs replacing. Please note only one side of our latch has screw holes where it goes into the metal part of the screen door - see her original picture. The suggested replacement has holes on both plastic pieces. Think this suggested replacement will still work? I'm confused how unless the screws go thru the entire metal part of the screen door. I've attached a pix of the back side/inside part to show no screw holes and the two extended pieces of the latch that goes into the door. Hope you can help! Lewis
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen door.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Lewis!

Our 83-040 certainly looks like your hardware and appears to be our closest match to it. Just be sure that our dimensions match up to yours. If they do, you should be good to go. I'm afraid our 83-040 doesn't come with instructions on the installation, but if you don't know how to install a pop rivet then we suggest contacting a local professional for them to do the installation for you.

How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.