Peachtree replacement balance

A handy person from Falls Church, Virginia says:
I have to replace ~30 balances for my Peachtree Ariel double hung non-tilt windows. I bought the windows in 1985.

It looks like I need your S745-20, weighted for 13-17 lbs. But before I pull the trigger and buy them, can you confirm that, as far as you can tell, the S745-20 will probably work?

There are no identifying stamps or other numbers on my balances. Mine measure exactly 20 1/4" in length. But they have a little "lip" on the top of the U channel--instead of ending sharply, it's folded out for maybe 1/32". Also, I can't be sure where the screw holes are to attach the balance to the frame in your part. Mine are about 1 1/16" from one end, and 1/4" from the other.

I attach couple pictures.

Thanks very much,

Rob
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Yes, it looks like our S745-20 looks like a close match. Just double check all the sash weight options to ensure that you have the appropriate strength balance.
A handy person from Falls Church VA says:
Thanks! I'll call to place the order. All the weights are the same--all these were exactly the same type of window, bought at the same time.

Another question: I have a few shorter Peachtree windows of the same type and vintage, that also have busted balances. Is it possible to get replacements for these as well? (I don't have the exact length measurement yet. I'd guess about 14" or so).
Profile picture of Tom
Are they the same as our Series 745 Peachtree Balances, just with different lengths? If they're different, I'd have to see pictures of them in order to identify what they are.
A handy person from Falls Church says:
They are the same, but shorter--I just don't know the length yet.
Profile picture of Tom
In that case, you just need to match up their lengths with those we show for the Series 745 Peachtree Balance as soon as you get them.
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.