Peachtree window ALI-CLASS A TYPE A G0888 need balances

A home owner from Conyers says:
I have many Peachtree windows that don't work. They were installed in 1988. Peachtree did a recall a few years later and sent someone out to fix - I think what the guy did was replace all the balances. The balances I have removed from one sash are: LEFT one is 26 3/16" long and the other is 26 1/4" long. The windows are double hung non-tilt - remember, 1988 is install date of the windows and probably around 1992 the install date for the replacement parts. I need 4 balances now for this one window and then I'll decide if I am going to do all of the other windows myself or have someone else do it. Thanks. I am the homeowner and pretty handy so i think I can get this job completed myself with a little guidance.
channel balance
A home owner from Conyers says:
I got a couple of error messages on the send so I deleted the photos and it went through. I am attaching 2 photos and maybe they will go through this time.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I do see your photo. Thank you for that. To determine the best stamp for your channel balance, please refer to the chart located on the respective channel balance page for that information. Hopefully this will offer some clarity for you.
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.