Peachtree window screen post

A home owner from Barre Vt says:
I have peachtree windows and screens on the house. My screen use the small plastic latches similar to 70-208 and two metal posts on the top of the screen to hold the screen in place. Several of the metal posts are gone, are there specific replacement posts or would you just use a thick poprivet to serve as the new top post?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Some manufactures did use a metal post on the top edge of the screen. What I have done in some cases was to use our 70-008 or 70-009 screen plunger pins and install them in the top. Or, if you are confident, you can use the pop rivets if you think that will work for you. Either way should work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)