Peachtree window screen tab

A quick learner from Oswego, NY says:
I have Peachtree double hung windows from the early 1990s. I need to replace the tabs on the screens but they are attached with some kind of pin. The only replacement parts I have seen for these window screen tabs have a screw attachment and that doesn't work on the screens. Do you have a part that will attach the tabs to the screen, see attached photo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2594E40E-514F-4C4B-85C1-D44B546E197A.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your latch looks like our 70-208 . In my experience, these are usually installed with a screw or rivet pretty much at the discretion of whoever is doing the installing. Rivets like yours are definitely a little harder to work with.

What I usually do is drill out the old rivet with a 1/8" drill bit. You just need to remove the top cap of the rivet and let the inside fall into the screen frame. Once that's out, you will want to install the new clips above or below using a screw like our 33-084

If you want to use the same hole instead of drilling a new one, you will need to go to a hardware store in your area to get the right size pop rivet. I think the older screens used 5/32" pop rivets, but I'm not 100% sure of that. It's been a while since I've run into these.

SWISCO Quick-Fix! Drawer Stop
SWISCO Quick-Fix! Drawer Stop
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at