Peachtree wool pile weatherstripping

A home owner from Milford, Michigan says:
The home we purchased was built in 2004 and has Peachtree double-hung vinyl windows. The wool pile weatherstripping on most of the windows is either flattened out or crumbling and falling off. There is a plastic strip down the middle of the wool pile which I believe is called a pin. I have tried pulling some of the weatherstripping out of the track but it is difficult to remove as it falls apart. I believe it should pull out of the track. All of the weatherstripping is on the sides (frame) of the window casing. There is no weatherstripping on the window sections. I was hoping you could provide info on how to remove this weatherstripping and what you recommend to replace it. I have uploaded a few photos showing the weatherstripping and the manufacturer part number on the windows. Thanks!

Mark
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for posting!

It's hard to tell exactly what you have without dimensions. If you give us the height and width of your wool pile we could narrow it down for you, but in the meantime, take a look at our full selection of wool pile here. 

In regards to removing it from your window, take a look at the video below. This should help! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.