A home owner from Lawrence, KS says:

Need a few pegs, but have 22 windows, some of the wood is broken out that holds the pegs - not sure if there is a wood part that can be replaces that holds the peg. There is a screw in the corner of each window. If I take that out, can I somehow knock out the old wood piece that has a hole in it that the peg fits into?

More to come on other parts.

My friend and carpenter, Steve, said to contact you guys.


Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1317.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1318.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1324.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Dave. This looks like a pivot pin of some kind, but I've never seen anything like this. This must be either a very old wood window or, at least, very uncommon. 

The only thing we have that may work for you is our 20-016. Instead of plugging into a hole in the sash, it just mounts to the surface with a screw. Wood windows like this are pretty simple, in terms of how they function, so I think there's a good chance this can work. My only concern is the diameter of the pin itself. The 20-016 pin is slightly over 1/8". Could that work for you?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)