Pella 39-176

A home owner from Fort Collins says:
I purchased the 39-176 as it looked identical to the old crank. Turns out the arm from the crank to the first link is shorter on the old one. Approx 4 ⅜ from center rivet to center rivet.
The Window arm link is identical but the 39-097 looks like the crank arm might me the right length. Heres the pic.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 39-176 certainly looks like the right match. Pella don't really make a lot of variations on their hardware so I'm surprised it didn't work for you. I can't imagine they'd make the same kind of operator with only a shorter gear arm.

Then again, looking at your picture, it almost seems that the link arm and bracket are made from a different material than the gear arm and operator base. I wonder if your existing operators were altered in some way in the past. Perhaps they had a 39-096 base but installed the 39-176 link arm, for whatever reason.

Do you think you could replicate that kind of thing? That may be your only option. You could also see if you can retrofit the 39-097 bracket on your window, though I'm not sure what would be necessary.
A home owner from Roscoe, Illinois says:
Just to add more. Attached is a gear box I just removed from a Pella casement window. Gear is stripped so need a new one. Until I found 39-097 with the 4.50 arm all I found were similar Pella gearboxes but with a 4 3/16 arm..and also bolt pattern at 9/16 instead of 3/4. Interesting in the earlier picture the tabs for the mounting bolts look the same as mine ( One tab wider than the other with hole offset on tab ) but the arm is different geometry. I think the 39-097 will work for me as all dimensions are same except for bolt pattern..I think I can mount the 9/16 pattern instead of the 3/4 as there is enough wood base to do so ( the 3 13/16 bolt pattern dimension looks the same on mine and the 39-097 ) ....so seems there are some strange combinations of Pella gearboxes from the early 1990's. Bill
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.