Pella 83-115 latch

A home owner from St. Charles, IL says:
I?m pretty sure I need the above latch, but I can?t get out the old broken one. Before I purchase a new one, do you have any suggestions on how to remove the old one which is in a couple of pieces.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1CFE0099-6851-4FF0-9684-07FBE41A1744.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C7F8999-E2BC-424A-A378-0BCB9F282477.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4AC25D28-E18D-4246-94F7-D82578DDECD2.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I would start by watching out our video for replacing a Pella screen door handle. Let us know if it leaves you with any unanswered questions.

A home owner from St. Charles, IL says:
I watched that video several times before I began this discussion. I still can't get the broken latch out.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see. I'm afraid that's the extent of it. There is not really any kind of secret trick; not with a Pella door, anyway. Pella hardware is pretty much only designed to work one way. I suppose the best method of removing the latch depends on exactly how it's broken. You may want to consider having a professional come out and look at the door personally.

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.