Pella Casement window operator measurements

A quick learner from California says:

At a loss for solutions but willing to adapt an operator to replace ours, which is a 1967-1993 model, a Left (window opens left to right) operator.

Wondering what the measurements for a 39-391 operator might be. The arm from the center of the pivot for the gears to the center of the rivet at the end of the arm, and the length of the link from the end of the arm to the center of the rivet at the window mount.

I may have to cut and adapt to my windows but our gears are stripped to where the window won't close to a gap of more then three inches.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You can see the dimensions for the 39-391 on its store page. I will also post them here for your convenience. I should mention, however, that this is a very singular type of operator and is not meant to be used as a substitute for other styles. Pella products are very, very specific and in almost all cases you need an identical match. I might be better able to help you if you can show me a photo of what you have now. 

Dimensions for 39-391
Dimensions for 39-391
A quick learner from California says:
This is not the operator that we have installed but is one we bought on eBay which turned out to be a right operator (the seller sent the wrong one and did not have a left operator).
The arm from the gears is 4 1/2" and the link is 2 1/2"
It's OLD like myself. I think my wife mentioned the distance between mounting holes is also 2 1/2"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pella operator.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm glad you sent this photo. The 39-391 definitely won't work, but the part you're showing me here looks like a dead ringer for our 39-175. Look this over and let me know if you agree.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.