Pella Crank window with Stripped gears

A home owner from Providence, RI says:
Hi there,
Could you help me figure out which replacement part I need to repair this crank window. The gears are stripped.
Thank you!!
Jane
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need you to gently push the window open so that the operator arms that move the sash are fully visible to compare to our inventory. Thank you!

Hello,
The window won't push open at all. I measured the width of the base that is visible in the photos - it is 2 13/16 inches or 7.14375 cms. Does this help?
Thanks,
Jane
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we will need to see the arms that move the sash to identify your operator, which is not visible while the window is closed. If there is another functional window in the house that uses the same hardware, we can use that for identification purposes. Keep in mind that you will ultimately need to be able to open the window that you're working on to replace the operator.

Hi there, this is the adjacent window's operator arms with some dimensions.
Please let me know if you need any other views.
Thank you,
Jane
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0393.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Take a look and compare the specifications of the 39-175 and 39-176 Pella operators to your assembly. 

Hi there,
Regarding the above part, I was able to remove the trim and it appears the only part that's missing is the hinge that's circled in the attached picture. Can I buy it separately, or will I have to replace the entire mechanism?
Thank you!
Jane
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2208.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Unforutnately, the arms that attach the operator base to the window sash are not available separately since it is all one part. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.