Pella Double Hung window problems

A handy person from Manhattan, NYC says:
One of the pins that my Pella window hangs from when tilted open for cleaning has broken - And the balance mechanism that the pin rests on has slack in the string and will no longer assist in raising the window. The other side (Good Pin pictured) is working fine and is able to do all the work of raising the window but I am concerned this will not last and would like to fix the broken side. Replacing the broken pin is obvious and simple, but the string from the balance mechanism disappears as it goes up into the window and I'm not sure how difficult or involved this repair will be. Can you assist?
Thanks.
Paul
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Pin.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Good Pin.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi there,

The broken Pella pivot bar look like our 26-406B sash pivot. Also, the balance system with the string hanging sounds like it is probably broken. We'll need to see the window track and balance to further help you. Thank you!

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.