Pella French Door Weatherstripping

A quick learner from I need weather stripping for my door says:

I need weatherstripping for my Pella French door. Pictures enclosed. I brought the latch assembly from you last time and it has never worked right. I am willing to buy another if we can get it working right. It is just to loose, the latch lock.

Thank you,

Willard 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0754.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0753.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0752.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0751.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0750.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

To my eye, your screen door handle looks more like the 83-118 cover and 83-115 latch than the 83-123 that you purchased from us. Review the specifications shown on our product pages to see if you agree. I have had similar problems with removing and installing these parts. In my experience, you just have to keep working on it. The handle system is finicky and it took me three tries to get it right.

If the weatherstrip used in your door installs with a kerf mount, you may be able to use something like the 58-053 or 58-055 bubble seals as a substitute. In a pinch, we also offer the 58-180 adhesive foam seal. Review the specifications of each option and feel free to get back to us with end profile photos of your seal fully removed from the door if you are still unsure. 

Lastly, please note that we would not be able to replace the broken piece of framing material shown in your photos, which would be specific to Pella. Thanks for posting! 

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.