Pella Latch and Exterior Handle

A quick learner from Denver, CO, USA says:
I am looking for a replacement latch and an exterior handle. The picture of the interior handle is only for reference.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pella interior handle.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pella iexterior handle.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pella latch.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Looks like you need a few different Pella brand screen door parts. I recommend our 83-115 interior latch and 83-119 screen protector. I am confident that these parts match up to what you have now. I know you said your interior handle pic was just for reference, but just in case you ever need that in the future, it would be our 83-123.

You also show a keeper in your last photo, but this part has unfortunately been discontinued and is no longer available. I'm not sure where you may be able to find this; you could check with a local store that deals in Pella hardware. If it's a mom and pop type shop then they may still be selling older, discontinued parts.

A home owner from middletown, nj says:
hi, i have this same set up and my latch doesn't spring back. it just flaps to the open position. all the parts are good, nothing cracked or broken and i don't see a spring or anything like that. is there something i'm missing? i don't even see a part like that you are offering. thanks, carl
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I do know what the problem is, actually, though it is not great news. There is a little metal box in the door that contains a spring. This box is what the latch itself threads through. The spring has either broken or come loose.

As far as I've been told, that little box isn't available by itself. We've tried to get it for years with no luck. I recommend contacting Pella directly; I can't promise you they'll help, but they're the only company who can.

A home owner from middletown, nj says:
Thanks Tom, I appreciate the reply
A home owner from MInneapolis says:
Hey awesome posts thanks! Just wondering if you had any luck getting the springs or the box on this? I have the same problem an same set up as the person who posted that their Pella screen door latch isn't "springing back".

Thanks
Jason
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.