Pella Screen Door Latch

A quick learner from Lebanon says:
Just purchased a home with a Pella Sliding Patio door-I went to lock the screen and noticed on the strike side that it is missing something (or appears to be). The part that seems to be missing would engage the latch mechanism on the screen door handle itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image 1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks to be a match for our 85-016 Pella screen door strike kit. Look it over and let me know what you think.

Please note that the individual components of this kit are not sold separately. Pella only supplies these as one complete assembly.

Detail of 85-016
Detail of 85-016
A quick learner from Lebanon says:
Thank you for the quick response, is there any diagram that shows proper installation of the strike assembly? It looks like the screw in the picture I sent is in the wrong spot compared to the picture on your website...THANKS
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think I see what you mean. We unfortunately don't have official Pella instructions for these, but in my experience it just screws to the door. The plastic piece should also go in that top slot. The images below should show you what I mean, I pulled these from an older customer discussion.

I suppose it's possible that the plastic piece can work in a lower position but I've never tried it myself. Perhaps the original installers had to make an on-the-fly adjustment to get it to work. Or, they installed it wrong. I really can't say unfortunately. All I can tell you is that I always install this with the plastic piece in the top slot, as shown below.

swisco.com
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.