Pella Screen Door Latch - exterior

A home owner from New Cumberland PA says:

The end of the outside lever broke off. Cannot open door from outside. I ordered replacement Pella Interior Screen door handle, part no 83-123, Order no.1225600, Location H-15 D-1 thinking it would have the lever but it does not. Can you help me find the part? Thank you.

Lynne 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 96FC1A47-6ADA-4204-9EB2-90D3C4C69501.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I think we can help you with this, Lynne. Reviewing everything you mentioned in your inquiry and the part you are pointing to in your photo, I feel like you may be referring to our 83-115 Pella Latch. Look it over and let us know if you think this is the part you have been looking for.

A home owner from New City, NY says:
I have the same problem as this person. My Pella Sliding Door Screen is from the Designer series (492-DSSD-1) and was installed around 2001. There are no screws on the inside part of the handle so I don't know how this can be replaced. Can it? Any help would be greatly welcomed since this door is very hard to open from the outside since the latch broke. Thanks. Sue
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pella 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pella.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. See if you can pop that circular gold logo off with a flathead screwdriver. That will uncover the installation screw.

A quick learner from cheyenne, wy says:
I have the new handle parts 83-122 and 83-123. How does one remove the old handles?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! You'll have to pop off the round "Pella" logo with a flat head screwdriver, or similar tool. Basically anything that can get in there. That will reveal the screw, which is the only thing holding the handle in place. Once you remove that you should be able to pull it out.

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.