Pella Screen Door Problem

A quick learner from manchester n.j. says:
my pella screen door willnot stay back I thought it was the handle so I ordered it I finally received it after 2 months had trouble with communicating with customer service now I cannot get the old latch off took off the logo but cant find screws d screw take it off please help me im 86 years old thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hopefully I can help! If you had to remove the logo to access the screw, then it's possible you could have a different Pella screen door handle. Does your door handle look more like any of the parts I've listed on this page? Would it be possible for you to send us some pictures of your current handle set? We will do our best to advise what to do from there. Thanks! 

A quick learner from manchester n.j. says:
I tried to upload my pictures but I keep getting a message saying "Upload Failed". Do you have an email address I can send them to?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear our website won't accept your photos. Sometimes this happens with photos of very high resolution. You can email them to us at help@swisco.com. Be sure to include your discussion reference number, D139018, so we know what discussion to associate the pictures with. Many thanks. 

A quick learner from manchester nj says:
Here are some pictures
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Coincidentally, I got a hold of a Pella screen door like this last night. Removing that lock box is not easy. What I had to do was to remove the metal screen frame in the inside of the door by removing the screws. I only needed to remove the metal frame on the handle side of the door. Next, I removed the outside metal edge of the door. I just had to pry it off as it was held in with staples, but I can't say for sure if your door is the same. 

The lock box is sort of pressure fit into the door frame... kind of. It's a little awkward and to be honest it's fairly unique. In other words, it's typical Pella construction. I used a screw driver and hammer to tap it (banged it) from the inside out. It was very tight and difficult to remove. In retrospect I would have used some lubricant to help in the removal. 

Ultimately, if it's not worn then you're better off just leaving it be. This was not easy to remove and if you can avoid having to mess with it then I highly recommend it. Personally speaking, I wouldn't want to have to do this again.

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the handle on a Pella Rolscreen sliding door
How to replace the handle on a Pella Rolscreen sliding door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.