Pella Sliding Door

A handy person from Hampton,Va. says:
Have a Pella slidind door needs roler.Installed in the 80',Which Rollers do I need.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's impossible to say, based only on a brand and decade. Can you remove a roller from the door and take photos of it? That's the best way.
A professional from CA says:
There's flange and no flange, and they are seperable by date.
81-098 fits doors made by the Pella Company from 1959 to 1996.
81-244 fits doors made by the Pella Company from somewhere around 1996 to present. The flange adds 3/16" to the height of the sides. It would appear that newer ones are mortised deeper into the frame. I don't know this for sure. A customer on your site made it sound like only the flange needed to be mortised to fit deeper not the entire hole for the roller.
According to one reviewer:
"My original rollers had the flange. The new rollers do not, but fit the door perfectly. "
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.