Pella Sliding Door Roller

A home owner from Fort Wayne, IN says:
We recently purchased a home that has a Pella sliding patio door that needs the wheels replaced. The wheel assembly is still in good condition but the wheel bearings are bad so I just need to replace the wheels. Would part 81-225 work with axle repair kit (81-310) work? Are there other wheels that would work better? Any info is appreciated.
door roller
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think the 81-310 is a great choice. This rivet set can work on a wide range of wheels like yours. As for other wheels that can work better, I'm not sure. If your wheels are in good condition I see no reason why you can't reuse them.
A professional from CA says:
Pella uses rollers that are wider than any available separately. They also use a 3/8" axle. 81-225 and 81-310 will definitely both not work. 81-098, 81-249, 81-244 are the only choices. Any other rollers will ride high on the rail and gradually cut into it, destroying the rail while rolling very badly.
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.