Pella Thermostar Single hung window lock

A home owner from Kankakee, IL says:

Hello, I need to find 2 window locks for my Pella windows.I tried to bend them and found out they are made of pop metal and they snapped instead of bending. I was stupid enough to try the other one and it snapped too. Duh!

Do you have these i can purchase? Thanks, David 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2905.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2906.JPG
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi David, thank you for posting! 

The keeper in your pictures resembles the Pella 90-326 lock and keeper. Please review the dimensions below to see what you think! 

Dimensions for 90-326
Dimensions for 90-326
A home owner from Kankakee, IL says:

Hi Lauren, Thanks for your response. Is it possible to just get the keeper with out the lock? The keeper is the only part that is broken. Just a thought. If not it would be nice if it was, but it probably isn't. Would you let me know if it is? Also it is the right lock assembly by the way. Thank you, Dave 

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately this keeper is not sold separately from the lock. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

A handy person from Fredericksburg, Virginia says:

David, Lauren,

I had the exact same experience with the exact same sash keeper on my Pella 150 series replacement windows. Just like you David I broke two of the sash keepers from the 90-326 lock and keeper set attempting to adjust the keeper or move the lock to get them to line up. What worked was to place a very slim shim about 3/8ths by 1/2 of an inch (wood or metal less than a 1/16 of an inch thick) slipped in behind the keeper and then discover for that particular window the best way to line up the top and bottom shash to best align them. The fit and finish of 14 of 17 windows worked fine but three needed special attention to get them to align and two needed shims behind the keepers or they would never align. I like the windows but it is very irritating that the fit and finish of the sashes 17% of the time in my experience need special attention and or adjustment. Pella parts doesn't currently carry the part and Lowes is clueless about the issue. Thanks so much for this post and for carrying this important window part. Ken 

Hi Ken, thank you for the feedback! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.