Pella aluminum and glass sliding patio door approx 6 years old and purchased at lowes or HD

A home owner from St Augustine FL says:
It appears either the 81-098 or the 81-244 is what I need. How can I tell the difference in what I have. I need stainless steel due to salt water.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The only way to know if you have the 81-098 or 81-244 is to remove your existing roller from the door and compare it to our pictures and dimensions. However, we do not have stainless steel versions. Are you positive that they're what you have? Since they came from either Lowes or Home Depot, I think it would be best if we see a couple pictures of your hardware before we make a recommendation. Please make sure you take it out of the door before you take your pictures so that we can see the whole thing. Thanks!
A professional from California says:
You should be able to tell which roller you have without removing it. Just look for the flange. These wheels are tough to remove and I wouldn't want to remove them more times than needed. There is a picture somewhere here on that shows a good removal method using wire and a hammer. Check 81-249 also. They are a cheaper alternative. I've used them once and they worked well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)