Pella door bottom--8 yrs old

A home owner from Lewisburg, WV says:
I recently found a draft coming in beneath our front door, so I removed the door and found the door bottom was damaged I found was appeared to be an equivalent at the local home store, but it turned out not to fit. This is a kerf-type door bottom with a combination of fins and bubble tubing. The only replacements I can find have kerfs that are 7/8" apart. Our door has a 1/2" or so separation. I have not been able to find this type anywhere, and Pella is clueless.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Replacing bottom seals with a specific kerf spacing is very difficult to do. Most manufacturers use a specific spacing for only a brief time before introducing a new door series that uses an entirely different spacing altogether, not to mention the differences from manufacturer to manufacturer. Suffice to say, it can be hard to keep up.

You may want to consider our 58-186, or something like it. We like this seal because it does away with the kerfs altogether and just wraps around the entire bottom of the door. You would install it from the sides with screws. Could this work for you as a possible solution? Look it over and see if its size is compatible with your door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)