Pella double hung window broken latch

A home owner from Akron Ohio says:
This thing just sprung one day and I can't seem to find the button part found the spring but not the push in button.... I don't know where it flew off to...They are from around 1988 give or take a year. They are the double glass where you can remove the one pane to wash or add or remove mutton bars. Hope this is enough info!! Thanks so much. Deborah
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DA060E2A-CD6F-4D6F-B432-7E94AC196245.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5B1070C8-D2C1-4E4A-A31F-F022A10038C3.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Deborah. This lock isn't made anymore, I'm afraid. Pella never made a direct substitute for it but I've heard from past customers that they got our 90-213 to work. It's not an exact match but I don't think you'll find any modern part that works better.

Ultimately, you may be better off trying to find the original. I would check with a local Pella dealer who might still have old hardware in stock. If you're lucky they might have a box of these lying around somewhere that they'd be willing to sell you.

Sorry we can't offer a better match!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.