Pella exterior door hinges

Handy Person from Hughesville, PA
Aug 23, 2011 9:15 am
Hi,
I need to replace the hinges on my 20 year old Pella Nottingham 1-7/8" thick wood door. The three hinges on it are 4" sqaure "Pella" hinges in bright brass, although I can cosider other finish. Do you have these available?

I've looked at other styles, but the hole pattern will not align with the existing hinge holes. I'm concerned about weakening the wood in both the door and jamb if I don't get the exact alignment.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Mike
11 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 23, 2011 10:34 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good Morning,

Can you supply us with some pictures of your Pella hinges?
Quick Learner
Aug 24, 2011 7:48 pm
Picture is attached. You can actually see how worn the hinges are by the gap in the between the barrels. The door is solid wood, and thus very heavy.

thanks for your help
User submitted photo of their Pella wood door hinge.
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Sep 1, 2011 11:32 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Pella parts are quite hard to come by.

Looking at your photo, the hinge looks like a standard door hinge. Did you check with a local hardware store or locksmith? That may be your best bet to locate a good replacement without having to do too much running around.
Contractor from North Carolina
Sep 29, 2011 11:58 am
I have a customer that wishes to change out their Pella door hardware for oil rubbed bronze. Problem is that one side of the hinge is a 3 1/2" size the other is a 4". They are also radius corners
User submitted photo of Pella hinge.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Sep 29, 2011 12:50 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
As stated above, I think it would be best to check with a local hardware store or a locksmith.

Pella hardware is not easy to find.
Home Owner from Bloomington, IN
Oct 9, 2011 7:57 pm
There is nothing standard about Pella hinges. The leaves are often unequal, and the hole patterns are the opposite of the industry standard. Sometimes the leaves have zig-zag hole patterns on one side, and cresent on the other. Local hardware stores or locksmiths will not have the parts.
Handy Person from Colorado
Dec 2, 2011 5:31 pm
I have been looking for the exact hinge as shown above. Pella does not make them anymore. I have tried several businesses specializing in door hardware and cannot find a replacement. Please let me know if someone finds a source. I need one. Missing when we bought the house.
A customer submitted photo of a door hinge.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Dec 6, 2011 10:07 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Unfortunately, Pella has notified us that this hinge has been discontinued and is no longer available. I would suggest that you contact a local professional or hardware store; there's a chance you can get lucky and find someone who has this in stock. I'm sorry that I cannot help you any further.
Contractor from Edgewater, MD
Jun 14, 2023 7:42 pm
I am updating the hardware on two sets of Pella French Doors, but I can't find the hinges anywhere. Can you help?

Thanks

Quentin Ryan

4 inch hinge. One hinge is more narrow than the other. One is 1.5". The other is. I 3/4"
IMG_3953
1 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jun 15, 2023 9:21 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, Quentin. Unfortunately, we don't sell a replacement for this hinge, or for French doors in general. My recommendation is to contact Pella directly to see if this is something they can help with.

Home Owner from elizabethtown , Ky
Dec 9, 2023 1:09 am
I have the same problem. want to replace my pella hinges (6) from brass to satin nickle. Replaced door hardware with satin nickle.Took months, Pella is nearly impossible to deal with. I must say the 30 year old Pella windows I have are outstanding, but I would have serious misgivings about ever using this company. What is the point of making these strange hinges? I paid 1200 plus dollars for dummy and operational french door hardware ( using the old innards) because nothing else would fit. Thieves.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts