Pella latch neutral position

A quick learner says:
Hello,
I ordered and installed this latch without any problem thanks to your video. However, what I'm finding is that the latch doesn't click shut after we close the door. When we open the door, the latch stays up (open) and has to be manually lowered which is a problem when closing the door from the interior, as the thumb latch/knob is completely retracted.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. It sounds like the spring inside the door might be shot. I'm afraid there is no easy fix for this, as unfortunately, we don't sell anything that can replace or repair it. You may need to contact Pella directly for assistance. Sorry that we can't be of more help, and many thanks for considering our business.

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.