Pella Screen Loop Latch

A handy person from Nags head, nc says:
Hi, fixing my screens which are currently held in with loop latchs. Saw this hole that is inside where the screen seats. It is a pella window. Is there a piece of hardware that attaches the screen to this hole?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20180503_172058364.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm puzzled by this one. If these are the original Pella screens, there should be some hole or marking where a screen clip was, like our 70-009 pull pin or 70-143P screen latch. Do any of the screens have a securing device that fits in the hole?

A handy person from Nags Head says:

These are not original Pella screens. None of the current screens has anything that would go in this hole, or any evidence where a clip would have been.As I am replacing the current screens I had seen the hole and hoped I could recreate the original clip in method. The windows are from 1980. thanks...and Ill check the clips you referenced.....I checked the clips you indicated and the way the window is set up the clip is offset from the screen. If you look in the picture the screen seats infront of the hole...If you tried to mount screen over that hole it would hit the top window. thanks again for any help

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see. If we're installing non-Pella screens on a Pella window, I recommend using our 70-056 top screen hangers with a 70-204 slip on bottom latch. You would nail the 70-056 at the top on each side of the window frame where the the screen would slip into, and then slip on the 70-204 bottom latches to the screen frame and lock the bail latch on the ball head screws at the sill. Hopefully that makes sense.

A handy person from nags head says:
Yup, thanks for the reply. Was hoping to use that little hole but 38 year old windows frames say otherwise.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.