Pella screen door replacement part

A home owner from Randolph, NJ says:
I have this screen door latch, which still works fine, but the plastic part on the door frame that grabs the latch is broken and doesn't grab, so the door doesn't stay closed. Is this part included in the replacement kit?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for contacting us. Are you referring to our 85-016? If so, this comes with everything pictures, including two screws, a spring, and a plastic stop. 

You could also consider our 85-020A patio sliding screen door strike kit. I'm not sure if this is the type you're looking for, though. If your patio screen door was an older style then its hardware may no longer be available. Pella goes through screen door styles quickly and they discontinued everything that was used for them. If you can send us some photos of the parts you now we can do our best to find what you need!

A home owner from Randolph, NJ says:
I sent these already. Your suggested parts won't do it. Any other ideas?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190423_091522.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190423_091531.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. We haven't seen these photos yet, but now that we have I'm afraid I have some bad news. That keeper of yours was discontinued by Pella and they no longer have it in production. We did carry it at one time, but our stock ran out not long after it was discontinued. We've never been able to find a reasonable substitute for it. Pella hardware is very hard to substitute by design. Your best bet is to contact a local Pella dealer who may have older stock still. I am sorry we cannot provide more assistance.

A professional from Newport Beach says:
I am a 30 year Pella employee and you can simply turn that keeper over it works either way
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.