Pella sliding patio roller removal.

A home owner from Sewell says:
Can anyone tell me how to remove these sliding door roller assemblies? Two rollers one left side and one on right side. There is a hole for adjustment on side of door but no other screws close to the adjustment hole. I expected to see tabs on bottom that I could pry up that are shown in almost all other Pella slider videos? The width of the assembly is 5/8" and the length is 2 3/4". I can not get them out to measure the height.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3B3E41CB-71A7-4CE1-8E9B-2A58535B4BED.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F765AB22-F72E-4ABD-80A6-2047BB92679E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 80D7AEDA-38E0-4559-9359-E8F3B896AEB4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9C0A4D88-5C5A-439A-9F1B-2DC968C90623.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'm honestly not sure how to get these out, since Pella doors are so specific with how they're set up. I suspect you might unfortunately have to take the frame apart, but I'm not going to conclude that's your only option just yet. I'm forwarding this discussion to one of my senior colleagues who is an expert in all things patio doors. We'll get back to you as soon as possible with further thoughts. Thanks for bearing with us. 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

This type of Pella roller is pressure fitted. You will need a "flat" blade screw driver to pry them out. Take a look at the genuine Pella roller 81-098 and the generic 81-249. Take note on the generic roller the wheel itself with the adjustment all the way up, the wheel hangs 1/4" below the housing. Make sure you have the play at the bottom of your patio door track to get the door back onto the track.

A home owner from Sewell says:
I purchased 2 Pella roller 81-098 from you and followed your instructions. I was able to get them replaced without issues. The door rolls like it's brand new again. The part was an exact match and I received it in a couple of days. Thank you so much!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

That's great news! Thank you for confirming. We're happy to hear that all worked out. If you ever needed anything in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.