Pennco Window Balances

A friend from NJ says:
Hi,

Preface: not handy at all, trying to help the girlfriend in her new house - any help appreciated! We were told we need balances (and some springs) for windows that appear to be 28'. I have attached pcs of the label - if my detective work is correct they are Pennco made windows.

Thanks,
Ron
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pennco-Windows-Balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pennco-Windows-Balance2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Ron. We'd be happy to help you replace these channel balances for your window. To assist though, we'll need to see the balances out of the window; specifically, we'll need to see pictures of the nylon attachments or fittings on either side of the balance, as well as a picture of any stamp code on the metal channel. The length of that metal channel, not including the nylon fittings, is also important. From there, we can identify what you need. For details on how to remove and replace your channel balances, see the video below.

A friend from NJ says:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I took a bunch of pics, hopefully these help.

Thanks,
Ron
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2D6AF540-E9FF-4482-9B9E-F73F201B6F3F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0B35DAF4-66B2-4478-A44C-C25744C9063C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 383538E0-443B-48CA-A867-5612D1AF6826.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 49072F6A-6417-4B98-BAE6-D324439AC7E2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A3CB391A-EB1B-4357-9B05-8C65792E4326.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

These photos are great, thank you. Have a look at our S380-28 balance. This comes with the 19-005 balance top attached and 15-005 bottom balance shoe. Compare your part with ours to see if this is a match. If it everything looks correct, then you can go with the 2740 option that holds a sash weight of 19-26 pounds. 

A friend from NJ says:
This should work! Many thanks, Bob!
A friend from NJ says:
Hi Bob,

I had a chance to compare over the weekend. I feel like you nailed the Balance and the top part looks like an exact match, but not sure that 15-005 shoe is a match as it looks a little more intricate than the part we have.
I've attached some more images in case that helps.

Thanks,
Ron
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance-Shoe1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance-Shoe2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance-Shoe3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance-Shoe4.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Have you had the opportunity to measure the depth of your bottom shoe and compare it to ours? If not, go ahead and do so to confirm whether or not this is a match. Don't worry so much about the style, I don't think yours is different enough to make an impact on how it works. The size is the most important detail in this case. As long as yours is 1" deep, then 15-005 should work well.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.