Pennco Window Slide Sled/Shoe

A handy person from Knoxville, TN says:
Hello, I have Pennco windows (now about 18 years old) where the metal cam inside the sliding lock shoe/sled has broken (the ones pictured here are not broken). The weighted cord is attached to the shoes with metal hook. These appear to be about 1-1/4" wide X 1-1/4" high X 17/32 or 9/16 deep (it's hard to measure inside the channel). The cams seem to be about 17/32" diameter with a 7/32" wide slot. If you have just the cams, I need only those (if they are individually replaceable). Otherwise, I guess I need the entire shoe assembly. Thanks, Dave
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200324_152453.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200324_152601.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Dave. I am afraid you will not be able to replace just the cam. You will need to replace the complete pivot shoe. We can help. In order to make a precise recommendation on a replacement, you will need to remove the pivot shoe entirely out of the window. Have a look at the video below showing one of the more common ways this process is done. Once it's removed retake your measurements, and let us know if they changed or remained the same as what you have listed now. Please also include more photos of the pivot shoe. Thank you. 

Thanks for the guidance. I removed one of the shoes and measured it as: 1.25" wide x 1.25" high x 9/16" thick. The cam is 9/16" diameter with a slot of about 3/16" (it's hard to measure since part of it is missing). More pictures are attached. Thanks, Dave
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200325_195436.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200325_195542.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200325_200520.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for the additional photos. Check out our 15-208 pivot shoe and let us know if our measurements are compatible with yours. 

Manuela, that looks right! I'll order some and we'll see, but I'm very optimistic. Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Dave
Profile picture of Casey

You're very welcome. Be sure to get back in touch with us and let us know how everything works out. 

Profile picture of Casey

Great! Thank you so much for providing your feedback to us. We are happy to hear that everything worked out for you. Please don't hesitate to think of us again with a future hardware project. 

Received the shoes and replaced the broken ones yesterday. The videos were a huge help and the replacement shoes were a perfect fit. Thanks again for your help!
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.